The Royal LePage 2023 Real Estate Investors Report includes data and insights into Canada’s national and regional investor markets.
Key highlights from the release include:
- 11% of Canadians currently invest in residential real estate
- 26% of all Canadians say they are likely to buy an investment property within the next five years (51% of current investors and 23% of non-investors)
- One-third of Canadian real estate investors (32%) own two or more properties
- Younger investors, those aged 18 to 34, are more likely to own more than one investment property compared to their older counterparts (aged 35+)
- 15% of Canadian residential investors do not own their primary residence; the majority of whom are aged 18-34
- Nearly one third of investors in Canada (31%) have considered selling one or more of their investment properties due to higher lending rates