Royal LePage’s Million-Dollar Properties Report includes insights into the average size and specifications of properties in major regions across the country within the $950,000 to $1,050,000 price range.
Key highlights from the release include:
- Nationally, a typical $1-million home boasts an average of 3.2 bedrooms, 2.6 baths and almost 1,800 square feet of living space
- Remote work has given homebuyers greater flexibility to choose where they want to live, including more affordable cities where a million-dollar budget may stretch farther
- $1-million homes in the Greater Toronto Area and Greater Vancouver offer less square footage and fewer bedrooms and bathrooms than the national average
- Unlike Canada’s two other largest metropolitan centres, the Greater Montreal Area boasts an average home size that is 523 square feet larger than the national average
- Halifax, Edmonton and Winnipeg boast the largest average square footage of all major cities in Canada at this price point