Guest article from Atlas Canada
Don’t leave your clients and their belongings to rogue moving companies
The next step for your clients after closing on a house is moving. If they plan to hire a professional moving company it is extremely important they are aware of the growing amount of rogue movers in the market place. Rogue movers are attracting customers by creating slick websites, offering low ball prices, setting unrealistic service expectations and then holding a shipment hostage for more money.
How to Choose a Credible Mover:
- Check to see if they are registered with the Better Business Bureau, what their rating is, and if they have resolved consumer complaints;
- Check with the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM). To belong to CAM a mover must meet stringent quality checks and adhere to a code of conduct;
- Be suspicious of any estimates that are too low and make sure to ask for an explanation;
- Beware of movers who want large deposits or progressive payments;
- Visit the mover’s place of business to see their equipment, personnel and warehouse.
Please take a few minutes to watch and share the Atlas Canada “How to Choose a Mover” video for more valuable information: https://www.atlasvanlines.ca/how-to-choose-a-mover/